JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Manage the finance process for the entire plant.
- Manage the plant financial team, supervise inventory control, and partner with plant management to achieve financial and operating objectives.
- Provide analytical support to promote continuous improvement for all activities and processes of the plant.
- Analyze month end results: P&L and Balance Sheet, including variance analysis.
- Develop month end results package for the Plant to present to Senior Management.
- Provide monthly financial forecasts and analysis.
- Provide key decision support to plant management.
- Coordinate the plant annual budget process; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, with a complete understanding of all risks and opportunities.
- Support all plant safety and operating initiatives.
- Monitor and work with plant management to validate savings.
- Provide analytical support for cross functional projects, including but not limited to customer profitability analysis and pricing.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits (primarily inventory and fixed assets); provide information to internal & external auditors.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance or a Business-Related field)
- CPA, Masters in Accounting, or MBA, preferred
- Broad appreciation and understanding of economics, finance, business management and the interrelationships among these disciplines, as well as a thorough knowledge of cost accounting and general accounting operations.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment, which includes exposure to manufacturing operations and business analysis and will have demonstrated strengths in analysis, planning and forecasting and interpersonal skills.
- 5-7 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive P&L performance and autonomously lead the financial function for an operating site.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, various manufacturing and staff departments within the facility, and with groups outside the facility.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize time management and multi-tasking skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Software Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and SAP and QAD.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills, and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions.
- High level of integrity to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- Results and action oriented. Demonstrated ability to work independently without a great need of supervision.