Kraft Heinz, the company
As one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision: To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you're passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there's one thing to do: join us.
Our culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It's true: Our employees are our competitive advantage. As part of the Kraft Heinz family you're supported to grow and achieve. You're recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You're given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won't do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
Role / Title
- We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the Plant Controller position in the Tulare Plant. This position will lead the management, reporting and planning of the plants financial and accounting activities. Responsibilities will include budgeting, financial analysis, managing the monthly close process, financial reporting and helping to drive plant productivity. In addition, the Controller is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financial records and safeguarding of assets ensuring a strong internal control environment in compliance with Kraft Heinz's policies, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley. This position reports to the Associate Director of Manufacturing Finance and indirectly into the Plant Manager.
Key Components of the role
- This role will report and present the manufacturing operation's financial results, risks, and opportunities to key stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage month-end close process within SAP.
- Reconcile Plant Balance Sheet accounts
- Manage & maintain plant financial team-site
- Provide cost forecasting and analysis, productivity pipeline accuracy and analysis.
- Provide thought leadership and insight on achievement of plant key performance metrics with a strong focus on cost reduction and improved operating efficiencies.
- Conduct self-assessment audits and manage all internal/external audits.
- Build and maintain financial standards (financial BOMS)
- Identify and initiate process improvements.
- Lead corporate initiatives within the plant. Support Business Unit Finance as required with respect to projects including capital appropriations, new product development, and plant utilization/capacity/asset management issues.
- Provide financial support and tools for the Lean Six Sigma Teams.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- B.S. in Business or Accounting/Finance
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing operations, product costing, and systems
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Finance or Accounting Management
- Excellent analytical, leadership, and communication skills
- Orientation towards details and result driven; proactive and self-starter
- Extensive practical systems knowledge (SAP/Other Costing Systems, advanced Excel)
- Demonstrated Project and Change Management abilities
- Professional accounting designation CPA, CMA, CGA and/or MBA in Accounting/Finance would be an asset