Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We’re at the forefront of solving mobility’s toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what’s now to what’s next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
We’re hiring a Plant Controller to reside in southwest Texas (relocation offered within the USA) and work daily at our Matamoros, Mexico plant.
• Provides analytical financial performance information to plant staff
• Preparation of annual budgeting and forecast, all income statement
• Manages all aspects of financial and accounting functions for the plant partnering withshared services
• Oversees preparation of the plants financialreporting. Analyze and report manufacturing efficiency variances and determine corrective action requirements. Ensures items are correctly classified and all reporting is prepared in accordance with GAAP.
• Proven track record of business partnership and strong ability to leader organization to deliver financial commitment.
• Reviews control procedures over accounting and financial activities. Provides guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensures an adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintains SOX compliance.
• Seek continuous improvement and use of best practices throughout the organization.
• Actively manages career development of direct reports, reviews performance, provides coaching and counseling as required to increase performance.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• 5+ years of accounting and financeexperience in an automotive manufacturing environment
• Bachelordegree in Accounting/Finance
• Spanish and English required, fluent verbally and written
• Master degreepreferred
• Excellent analytical skills; attention to detail and able to work with high degree of accuracy, Cost accounting, product cost, revenue forecast, manufacturing expenses.
• Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels including senior management
• Ability to work effectively in matrix environment, with plant leaders as well as finance leaders
• High level of integrity and compliance
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and requirements preferred
Traits we seek:
•Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
•Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
•Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
•Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages:
•Competitive compensation with bonus potential
•Competitive health benefits
•401K with matching contribution
•Learning and development opportunities
•Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
•Recognition for innovation and excellence
•Opportunities to give back to the community
•Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world