Follett Corporation, is a $4 billion operator of over 1,200 college bookstores across the country and the largest retailer of college licensed apparel in the US. We reach over 50% of college students in the nation. One of our premier divisions...
Advance Graphic Products, Inc., one of our premier division, is a leading supplier of online store solutions for coporations, colleges, and the Greek market that provide branded merchandise to our college bookstores.
Plant Controller - exciting opportunity for an Accountant with strong costing experience to make a significant impact in a small niche environment.
Reporting to the FOD/AO Business Manager and the VP, Controller, Follett Higher Education Group, this role leads the accounting and finance function for the plant, specifically cost accounting and inventoryvaluation. Oversees the maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financialreports. Analyzes and interprets cost, budget, policies and profit opportunity trends and presents findings and recommendations to management. Establishes procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with all relevant government and industry legislation and regulations.
Supervises four accounting clerks with oversight of all accounting, A/R and A/P activities
Cost accounting responsibilities:
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining a Cost Accounting System
- Assists in month-end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Responsible for capital expenditure process and fixed asset tracking, including periodic physical count of fixed assets
- Responsible for the execution of both internal and external audits at plant level-BS, P&L, and internal controls
- Compiles and analyzes weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to forecast income and expenses. Highlight actual expenses and reconcile with available budget
- Assists in the annual long range planning-budgeting processes for the plant, both P&L, balance sheet and cash
- Assists in the capital budgeting process, including analytical prioritization and justification process
- Ensures a strong internal controls environment for financial functions at the plant, including proper segregation of duties, reviews and approvals
- Safeguards assets of the company through appropriate internal controls and analytic techniques
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities to improve controls and reduce operating costs
In return for your expertise, Follett offers a great opportunity for you to elevate your accountant career with a leadership that recognizes and rewards talent! #LI-JBRADSHAWRequirements
- 7-10 years accounting experiencerequired
- 3 to 5 years minimun strong cost accounting experiencerequired
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required