Plant Controller – Glass Manufacturing Global Company – North Carolina
Your Role with the Company:
The Plant Controller is a key member of the management team and will have a dual reporting relationship between the Plant Manager and Corporate. He/she will have an Accounting Supervisor reporting directly to him/her. The Controller will direct the financial functions and assure compliance with established procedures, administer accounting and financial controls, and direct the preparation and analysis of financial reports. The position is with a 24X7 union Manufacturing plant that manufactures glass bottles.
What you will be doing:
- Month end financial statement preparation & associated journal entries.
- Maintain timely and accurate production and inventory reporting systems.
- Work as a business partner in decision making with the Plant Manager.
- Prepare and deliver financial business reports and presentations for all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for developing the annual budget with input from department managers and corporate.
- Develop an annual business plan with assistance from Department Managers and Corporate Staff.
- Provide regular reporting of department and plant performance to the appropriate managers and participate in corrective action plans if needed.
- Direct the activities of the Accounting Supervisor and payroll staff.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. CPA or Master's degree is a plus.
- Prior Controller or Accounting Manager experience.
- Hands-on accounting transactional experience, not just managing others responsible for transitional work.
- Proficient in Excel… SAP experience is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment. Larger company. ($100 Million annual sales revenue)
- Experience in a Union plant is a plus.
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion-dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the world's leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2 Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
- Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
- It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
- Strong career succession planning program.
- Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
- Fairly recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
- Strong management team.
- Company that values its employees.
- Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
- Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors' fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
- Annual bonus opportunity.
- This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.