United States of AmericaLocation:
CADMN: FS Kidde Detector 6901 West 110th Street, Minneapolis, MN, 55438 USA
Job DescriptionPlant Controller
We make the world a better place to live!
At Carrier, we build and maintain comfortable, accessible, efficient, healthy, safe, secure, and sustainable environments. Carrier's Fire & Security Products (FSP) business builds technology that saves lives and protects property by offering leading fire and security systems solutions globally.
Carrier Fire & Security Products is seeking a Plant Controller for its Detector Electronics fire and gas detection business in Bloomington, MN! Det-Tronics has been providing proven flame detection, gas detection, and hazard mitigation systems for high-risk processes and critical industrial operations worldwide since 1973. The company designs, manufacture, and commissions certified SIL 2-capable flame and gas detection solutions. Det-Tronics products carry performance and safety certifications from globally recognized third-party testing agencies and approval bodies.
The Operations Plant Controller will provide strategic guidance and financial reporting for the Operations team. With a team of several business partners, this role will provide key reporting and analytics to management on operational performance/factory reporting, cost reduction initiatives, footprint optimization, asset management.
This position reports directly to the Director of Finance Operations for Residential/Industrial Fire Products, collaborating with the full spectrum of Detector Electronics leaders. You will interface directly with Carrier management, WHQ FP&A departments, Operations Leadership, business unit, and factory finance members.Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Partner closely with Plant Manager and provide financial guidance to business leadership
- Consolidate and analyze monthly operational results
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly financial forecast and annual plans, specifically as it relates to factory performance and spend
- Provide direct labor productivity reporting and analyses
- Provide guidance with operations on aligning productivity and capacity planning
- Consolidate and track footprint project costs and associated savings
- Coordinate and prepare Excess & Obsolete Inventory financial reserve
- Provide support in capital investments
- Support and participate in shop Gemba walks
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed on various projects
- Support accounting and controllership on an as-needed basis (inventory / controls / etc.)
- Support in the development, preparation, and consolidation of monthly financial forecast and annual plans, specifically as it relates to factory performance and spend.
- Support the development of periodic management presentations and supporting schedules, including business reviews, strategic plans, and other leadership presentations and annual plans as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred)
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret operational metrics and investment models.
- Must possess strong leadership, analytical skills, and sound business judgment, and be comfortable working with senior management.
- Advanced knowledge of HFM, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial/cost analysis and budgeting/forecasting skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, proven ability to work across all levels and functions.
- Detail-oriented with attention to quality/accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, concurrently handling multiple projects.
- Self-direction and organization skills critical to achieving month-end reporting deadlines.
- Strong financial analysis techniques, budgeting/forecasting processes.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
- MBA, CPA/CMA
- 7+ years of experience in FP&A roles in the manufacturing environment
- Lean six sigma certified
Click on this link
to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice.Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link
to read the Job Applicant's Privacy NoticeCOVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.