Are you looking to be a part of something great? After 50 years of leadership in the automotive aftermarket, we are excited to start the next chapter of Cardone’s dynamic history. We are positioned to support the next wave of vehicle technology and ready to innovate new solutions that bring value to our customers - all while upholding sustainable business practices and high ethical principles. We build it better.
Our Plant Controller will be focused on operations in our factory at Rising Sun Avenue in Philadelphia, PA. This role will be responsible for various reporting and be the liaison of financial information between Operations and Corporate headquarters. This position requires manufacturing experience and SAP skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate all reports and maintain financial accuracy for all plant processes and analyze all business trends and provide required explanations.
- Provide support to all ad hoc projects and analyze all financial presentation efficiently to provide support to all activities and recommend improvement to all business practices and processes.
- Monitor all activities and ensure compliance to all corporate standards.
- Analyze all operations, customer and product profitability ratio and recommend appropriate pricing and cost structure.
- Develop profit and loss metrics to facilitate key performance indicators.
- Provide support to financial information technology team to implement new systems.
- Analyze efficient working of operations team and maintain profitable accountability of all projects.
- Perform all financial forecasts and prepare all financial reports for the operation
- Assist management and executives to achieve all business objectives.
- Resolve all technical issues and provide technical assistance to all teams and documents all requirements for external auditors with relation to plant operations
- Evaluate all plant transaction according to accounting procedures.
- Evaluate all performance of various plant activities and ensure achievement of all goals and prepare and analyze all financial statements.
- Design and maintain all standard cost of all plant products.
- Reconcile all physical inventory and maintain accuracy in transactions and records for all inventory and perform financial audit on annual basis.
- Manage and obtain approval for all requests on capital expenditures and maintain controls on all plant processes within required budget and prepare reports to summarize all business activities.
- 5-8 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting – preferably as a Plant Controller or Senior Cost Accountant in a multi-functional, manufacturing environment
- Education and Certifications Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred
- Technology Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint – above average)
- Working knowledge of SAP financials
- Demonstrated working knowledge of: cost accounting, standard costing, variance analysis, Activity-Based Costing (ABC), physical inventories, account reconciliations and audit preparation/assistance Data visualization and other presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Works with a sense of urgency and is both willing and able to work long hours when needed
- Hands on individual