Des Moines, IA
$90-120K plus bonus
Our manufacturing client is looking to hire a Plant Controller for their Des Moines, IA facility. This Controller is responsible for the organization, direction and controls all aspects of the plant and financial functions to include timely and accurate reporting in full compliance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Supervise, review and interpret monthly/quarterly/year-end financial reports as well as month-end close to support this plant and corporate.
- Support the annual budget, month and quarterly forecasts and financial comparisons.
- Prepare and analyze material usage, cost statements, profit and loss statements, manufacturing statistics, labor analysis and sales analysis.
- Balance sheet analysis for key accounts, including inventory and preparing or approval for account reconciliations.
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial results to identify trends and activities driving results.
- Provide a business partnering service by improving financial processes and support the implementation of best practice across all sites.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, accounting policies and SOX.
- Lead SAP implementations.
- Oversight of financial processes to ensure conformance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of experience, 5+ years in managerial experience.
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing plant finance/controller experience is required.
- Strong background in accounting, FP&A and Audit Strong Analytical acumen with experience working within an ERP system.
- 1-3 years of experience in SAP is preferred.
- CPA or similar certifications highly desired.
- Desire to work in both the tactical and strategic components of managing plant finance.
- Accounting experience in a large global manufacturing organization is highly desired.