$100K — $120K *
Our Blacksburg, VA client is looking to hire a Plant Controller. This Controller will function as a key member of the core plant management team. Manage, direct and coordinate all plant accounting and financial reporting activities and sure financial integrity of plant operations.
· Provide financial direction/support to plant manager/core management team.
· Provide financial analysis to monitor spending in key areas (labor, scrap, spending, inventory).
· Establish, monitor and enforce internal controls and ensure compliance with division policies and procedures.
· Develop and drive cost reduction/elimination programs.
· Prepare and review plant capital spending requests/projects.
· Responsible for all reporting and accounting of monthly, quarterly and annually financial reporting.
· Develop annual plant budget and periodic forecasts.
· Input and review product segment statistical allocations.
· Preparation and control of plant balance sheet.
· Physical inventory reporting/coordination.
· Prepare various financial models, account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, transactional processing, journal entry creation.
· Develop and direct plant management through cost/benefit analysis and other plant financial initiatives.
· Review and confirm A/P vocher batches
· Prepare sales and use tax returns.
· Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
· 3-7 years of financial related experience.
· Plant Manufacturing and cost accounting experience preferred.
· SAP R/3 experience (FI, CO, MM and PP modules) preferred.
· Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Excel and Windows applications.
Valid through: 6/29/2021