DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A Continuous Improvement Engineer instills a Process Excellence culture through involving, educating and leading all levels and functions at the site in CI/Lean principles, concepts, methodology, initiatives and tools.
- Work with site leadership teams using CI/Lean tools and analytical skills to identify, prioritize and lead Continuous Improvement projects or activities; identify stakeholders and resources; reprioritize as necessary to address changes in business.
- Facilitate cross-functional project groups including Quality, Corporate Engineering, Supply Chain, & R&D to develop and implement process improvements resulting in increased capacity, productivity and throughput increases and cost reduction.
- Designs, implement, champions new Lean strategies and program elements and framework to keep pace with growth and business changes. Develop CI project plans with plant management; identify needed resources, alignment, milestones, deliverables, project prioritization and tracking.
- Utilize engineering principles to identify, analyze, and design cost effective food processing technology and improve the current manufacturing systems with operations.
- Develop and provide CI/Lean training on site. Identifies and communicates training requirements for the site. Identifies and secures resources.
- Mentor, influence and coach plant leaders and project teams to facilitate culture change. Ensures alignment on initiatives, CI principles, concepts and methodology within the site.
- Organizes, generates relevant data and prepare project scopes, cost estimates, assist in preparation of capital project requests as needed to obtain management approval.
- This position will report directly to the Director CI and dotted line to location Operations Manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degreed engineer (mechanical, chemical, electrical, or industrial) with 5-7 years prior experience in food or consumer packaged goods manufacturing environments
- Practical experience with implementation and sustaining of continuous improvement programs (i.e. Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, Total Productive Manufacturing, statistical process control, etc.)
- Skill and experience in yield optimization & cost reduction, production efficiencies & quality improvements. Process engineering approaches including mass balance, process cycle time, capability analysis, design of experiment, etc.
- Black Belt certification is preferred
- Apply knowledge of continuous improvement and engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- Possess strong analytical skills to interpret data to make decisions
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, & SAP. Above average skills using Excel
- Working knowledge of manufacturingcost calculations, gathering production information, and production scheduling
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Travelrequired up to 25%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.