To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
- Develop plant communications strategy that focuses on the three core elements of plant communications: employee engagement, reputation and business acumen
- Manage plant Facebook page and other aspects of internal communications
- Identify and manage plant scheduling changes through partnership with plant leaders, corporate MFG/Labor team
- Engage employees through multiple mechanisms including face-to-face meetings, newsletters, broadcasts, etc.
- Coach plant leadership during crisis situations, including taking the lead on managing the communication strategy during the crisis
- Tailor corporate messages / announcements for plant employees and the community.
- Manage media relations and proactively place manufacturing stories in local media outlets
- Help educate employees about GM vehicles, so they can be strong product ambassadors
- Community/government relations – Support plant leaders/public policy in building relationships with community leaders and government officials. Maintain list of key contacts and support corporate grass roots initiatives.
- Charitable giving – Provide strategic guidance on giving and promote activities to internal and external audiences
- Support/contribute to planning & storytelling for product reveal, launch & lifecycle - Lead selected programs and initiatives
- Responsible for presentations, research, key message maintenance
- Maintain calendar and weekly activities updates
Additional Job Description
- BA in Communications or related field (Journalist, Marketing) and 7 to 10 years of professional experience
- Experience in developing communications plans that drive business results in a corporate environment
- Skilled in media / public relations with experience as a company spokesperson
- Experience in crisis communications
- Internal communications and employee engagement experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to counsel and interact comfortably with senior leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed or ability to work with minimal supervision, flexible and adaptable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and technical automotive knowledge helpful
- Experience in manufacturing and labor communications – a plus