In conjunction with the Plant Controller, the Accounting Supervisor is a hands-on collaborative business partner for a multitude of disciplines including, but not limited to, Production Operations, Quality, Warehousing and Maintenance & Engineering. In addition, will lead staff development and subordinate cross training efforts as well as assisting Plant Controller in other plant-wide initiatives such as:
- Change management.
- Analytics & problem solving skills.
- Project management.
- Big picture perspective.
- Financial responsibilities and understanding.
We Ask of You To:
- Drive expectations around the review and integrity of daily production records
- Responsible for completion and analytics pertaining to Daily/Weekly/Monthly reporting packages including Yield & Efficiency, Progress, labor and various other metrics.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly closing processes, including preparation of financial statements. Ensure that the close calendar is adhered to.
- Facilitate management’s understanding of P&L variances.
- Assist Plant Controller and Business Analyst in identify process improvement opportunities.
- Maintains contact with other departments to stay informed of business activity that affects the Accounting department and collaboratively develops or modifies related policies/procedures to support Operations.
- Assist Controller in driving the annual budgeting process.
- Manage the Internal Audit process.
- Spearhead special projects as assigned.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in sunny Roswell, New Mexico: surrounded by wondrous national parks, outdoor wonders, and located a mere 90 miles from the popular Ski Apache winter and summer resort.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or closely related field of study from an accredited 4-year college or university
- 5 years relevant experiance with 3 years of supervisory responsibiltiy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of GAAP,cost accounting, budgeting and financialreporting.
- Strong analytical and detail orientation.
- Advanced MS Excel functionality