This position is restricted to US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders
Key business partner for local Plant Management who is responsible for implementing, managing, and continuously improving the support of all functional areas of the Plant through financial controls, reporting, planning, and analysis.
- Perform Plant-related month-end closing, inventory control, and cost accounting activities as required by Company policy.
- Manage and deliver the financial reporting & commentary, operational analysis and planning as needed to Finance and Plant Leadership.
- Constantly improve management & cost control and business decision making processes.
- Participate in Finance and other cross-functional projects that include (but not limited to) cost reduction, compliance with LORD policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Follow procedures and processes that safeguard the Company’s assets from fraud, misuse, misstatement or loss.
- Manage an Accounting Coordinator (where required) to help develop and integrate operational finance processes and controls.
- Travel <10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in financial reporting and accounting
- Team environment skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to manage a variety of responsibilities and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to facilitate continuous improvement
- Solid working knowledge of financial systems
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
- MBA, Master’s of Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- CPA or CMA Certification
- Experience in lean manufacturing environment
- SAP and HFM experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LORD Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.