This position applies principles of cost accounting to analyze production variances, inventory analysis and review and maintenance of standard cost sytem. This role performs accounting functions consisting of month end close responsibilities, analysis of financial results and reporting, forecasting and assistance in preparation of annual operating plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effect on costs
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Development of process to monitor and control site spending
- P&L – monitor forecast to AOP and provide corrective actions if not meeting AOP
- Capital Expenditure justification analysis
- Inventory analysis – obsolete, slow moving, cycle counting program
- Forecast and Budgeting partner (joint between Planning, Operations, Finance)
- Margin analysis versus standard/plan
- Drive POV (Production Order Variances) improvements
- Overhead KPI’s and trending analysis
- Work with Production Planners to resolve production order issues.
- Key Performance Indicators and MBR (Management Business review) focal point
- Perform make versus buy analysis
- Partner with managers to conduct cost reduction analysis
- ECB (Engineering Change Board) cost analysis
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 5 years cost accounting experience, preferably standard cost accounting
- Demonstrated understanding of general accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of standard accounting policies, procedures and regulations