The Plant Accountant will establish procedures to ensure sound financial control of plant assets. Review and upgrade plant accounting activities to ensure all systems are properly developed and maintained to meet the financialreporting timetables. The Plant Accountant will ensure all accounting procedures and processes are compliant.
- Coordinate with the Plant Manger the preparation of the plant?s annual budget and monthly forecasts, including issuance of budget instructions, comparative data, timetables and forms.
- Analyze and counsel Plant Manager on variances from plant goals and plan..
- Produce timely monthly reports of all relevant departmental activities and ensure this formal communication is a comprehensive reflection of the finance function; preparation and interpretation of plant financial statements, monthly account reconciliation and all month end close related activities; adhere to all deadlines;
- Provide financial guidance and assistance to management.
- Evaluate and assist in the preparation of all capital expenditure requests.
- Maintain control procedures to ensure spending is within approved limits.
- Support the organization?s goals, values, and efforts toward continuous improvement
- Five years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Finance or similar.