Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! We are experiencing tremendous growth at our facility and have a new Planning Supervisor opening!!
The Planning Supervisor is an integral part of Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process and is responsible for working with the Corporate Forecasting team by translating forecasts for the planning and execution of production, inventory, distribution and financial requirements. This role is responsible for driving business solutions and practices utilizing Generac’s Operating Model to help manage a demand driven approach. The Planning Supervisor will have responsibility for the planning team. This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with corporate planners and business unit’s cross-functional teams (supply chain, production execution and operational excellence) to develop and improve strategies and processes that drive fill rate, working capital and improved material margins.
- Use capacity analysis, historical data, sales forecasts and product life cycle roadmaps as input to develop demand unit volume requirements.
- Work with Product Management to understand New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Sale product transitions to seamlessly phase-in or phase-out within operations with minimal risk (e.g., resource, inventory, and capacity). Mitigate E&O exposure of both raw materials and finished goods and ensures seamless changes.
- Manage the development of DFT for all materials and adjusts timely and effectively with changes in demand/usage. Manage internal Kanban and pull system with distribution center.
- Track and report forecast accuracy and related performance metrics on monthly/quarterly basis to management.
- Work to transition operations from a traditional department push scheduling mentality (unlinked with lead time offsets) to demand driven production with single scheduling point.
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for operations to assist in the resolution of order promising situations, customer delivery difficulties and demand versus supply conflicts.
- Help improve customer service levels (Fill Rate), working capital (Inventory Turns) and drive material margin improvements (TCO) by maintaining the monthly demand forecast for assigned products, utilizing the statistical forecast as the baseline and incorporating new product forecasting, events and external market drivers.
- Drive business solutions and practices utilizing Generac’s Operating Model to help manage a demand driven approach, including achieving uninterrupted supply of quality components and assemblies.
- Supports the department’s strategic initiative and standardized approaches in planning/management.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or Supply Chain Management OR 8years related experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment;
- 3 – 5years of demand planning in a manufacturing environment;
- 1 – 2years of supervisory experience.
- Strong Lean and Pull environment background, preferably in Demand Flow principles and practices;
- Solid track record for performance and progression within operations, business and supply chain;
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams and individuals across multiple cultures, disciplines and geographies;
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.