Summary of Job Function:
Under the direction of the Vice President, facilitates and coordinates New Jersey Department of Health (“DOH”) licensure activities and other regulatory agencies requirements including certificates of need, waiver requests and RFP responses. Manager assists in obtaining regulatory approval for enterprise programs and services in cooperation with Facilities/Design, Standards and Operational leadership. Coordinator conducts internal and external research for regulatory standards and interpretations to assist in program design and development. Manager prepares as necessary applications and plans, including but not limited to: feasibility studies, capacity assessments, license amendments, DOH waiver applications, access studies, market demand, Certificates of Need and RFP responses. Coordinator prepares licensure amendments, waiver applications and maintains the PALS network for storage/accessibility of pertinent licensure and accreditations. Manager completes health information needs such as health care surveys and program/service/equipment inventories to support function.
- Proactively supports the mission and vision of RWJBarnabas Health. Demonstrates and expects others to demonstrate personal and professional behaviors consistent with RWJBarnabas Health’s mission, vision and core values.
- Dispenses advice, and guidance in the development and execution of major plans and procedures, consistent with the established policies of RWJBarnabas Health.
- Serves as a resource to system and local leadership on as-needed basis. Supports RWJBarnabas Health by assuming otherresponsibilities to ensure the effective functioning of the RWJBarnabas Health.
REGULATORY AND PROJECT PLANNING
- Oversees and coordinates Department of Health licensure renewals, notifications and amendments as needed in coordination with facility leadership, compliance and standards. Develops and maintains the PALS network for storage/accessibility of pertinent licensure and accreditations accessed by multiple facilities and departments.
- Conducts research and data analysis to support regulatory filings and operational capacity changes: prepares findings, recommendations and presentation materials to support the facility planning, feasibility studies, business plan and medical staff development, licensure and certificate of need processes.
- Researches and understands regulatory standards and processes to provide interpretative guidance and recommendations as needed.
- Reviews proposed changes in State and Federal regulations and provides impact assessments as needed.
- Gathers, organizes, and maintains facility, licensure and regulatory information and documents from hospital and other company resources, including census reports, bed and service counts, capacity reports, state and national health care planning agencies benchmarks to aid in the capital and regulatory planning processes.
- Supports the capital and regulatory planning function and provides analytics and project coordination for the department, including designing spreadsheets, collecting information, maintaining various databases, producing graphics and reports upon request. Conducts studies utilizing the planning database software.
- Designs and executes detailed reports and analyses of patient data including but not limited to discharges, length of stay, utilization, outpatient shifts, resource consumption, payer categories, etc. Executes statistical and information reports as needed.
- Attends various internal and external meetings representing the RWJBarnabas Health as needed; these include but are not limited to: New Jersey State Health Planning Board and New Jersey Health Care Administration Board, Coalition/Advisory committee meetings and Facility Space Planning/Project tracking monthly meetings. Participates on committees and community boards as directed.
- Enhances corporate role and professional growth and development through educational programs and inservice meetings. Proactively enhances job knowledge through media, organizational connections and memberships.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the either the Vice President of System Development/Planning or the Senior Vice President of Strategy and Planning to accomplish overall departmental objectives.
- Master’s Degree in Health or Public Health preferred. Bachelor’s degree is acceptable if combined with three years’ experience in health care related field. Degree should be in a closely related field such as health/business administration, regulatory compliance, accreditation or licensure associate, business development or operations manager
- Three years of health planning and/or related health administration experience or completion of Master's Degree in Health Administration or Public Health
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel), database and graphics software and other data software packages
- Drafts well though out, organized and well written documents in a timely fashion, of complex and multivariate issues
- Able to obtain the necessary information from multiple sources, whether it be external or internal, in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates ability to produce alternative solutions and recommendations
- Demonstrates good judgement in the decision making process
- Possesses strong quantitative skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers
Job Number: REQ30686-POS57362