ANSER enhances national and homeland security by strengthening public institutions. We provide thought leadership for complex issues through independent analysis and we deliver practical, useful solutions. ANSER values collaboration, integrity, and initiative and we are client focused in all that we do. We were established for the purpose of public service and not for profit, we measure our success in the impact of our service.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
ANSER is seeking a Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) Analyst to assist the DoD CIO. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze financial data related to operations, business performance, opportunities, and investments.
- Consolidate complex technical program descriptions and strategy documents to distill information into simple language for official reports.
- Support the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process within DoD CIO by reviewing budget submissions and correlating the submissions by to strategy requirements.
- Work closely with service and agency officials to collect budget data on specific program elements.
- Support the creation of an annual budget certification report for the DoD CIO.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced degree in a discipline relevant to the position; or bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years’ relevant professional experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance / SCI
- Cognizant of current DoD budgetary principles and their associated operational impact
- Familiarity with Program Objective Memorandum (POM) submission process with DoD organizations and or Military services.
- Experience working with budget databases to include DRDW, SNAP-IT, and or PRCP.
- Experience writing and or researching within DoD Appropriations and budget documents.
- Experience with the execution of RDT&E, Procurement, and O&M funding.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Expert level user of Microsoft Office Software and SharePoint
- Experience writing official public releases, media releases, strategy documents and or DoD communications experience is highly desired.
- Experience with IT or cyberspace activities programing with the military services and or DISA highly desired.