Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
This position is responsible for all aspects of project planning refurbishments and new construction with a specific focus on design, planning and construction. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Project Consultants with the purpose of forming long-term strategic partnerships.
- Acts as key contributor within the project team tasked with delivering major projects on time, on budget and on scope.
- Collaborates with Operations to ensure sustainability and environmental initiatives are incorporated in the Project Planning and Design phase of all major projects
- During project initiation, works in a collaborative role with all project stakeholders to ensure that the economic viability of a proposed project is aligned with expectations.
- Leads and develops programming, space planning and design requirements in alignment with portfolio strategy and operational objectives.
- Oversees the preparation, submission, tracking and securing of permits for assigned projects.
- Short-lists, negotiates with and selects project consultants including, but not limited to Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects, Food & Beverage Consultants, Signage Consultants and Procurement Agents for all projects.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with vendors, government authorities and other project stakeholders.
- Tracks progress of each project against objectives, approved budget, and timelines. Reports status and variances to the department head. Creates action plans to ensure projects are in accordance with the specification, on time, and on budget.
- Establishes and monitors all project planning related budgets including, but not limited to FF&E, OS&E, signage, major equipment, and consultants.
- Develops and manages planning strategy for each project that includes scope definition, design development and construction.
- Through coordination and communication with the Development Director, ensures all project related design consultants adhere to contractual obligations during project delivery.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities and mitigates risks for each project.
- Develops quality assurance and quality control procedures for projects and ensures all design criteria and standards are met through the quality assurance phase of all projects.
- Participates in the creation of various Property Development initiatives from the initiation phase through to project close out.
What You'll Require
- Engineering or construction management degree, technologist or architect preferred
- +7 years' experience in project management, architecture, design, planning and/or construction.
- Budgeting and scheduling experience required
- Hospitality experience is an asset
- Proficient with MS Project and MS Excel is required
- Working knowledge of CAD, Revit and other like programs is an asset
- PMP Citification is an asset.
- Must be familiar with relevant regulatory requirements (including zoning, municipal approval processes, building codes, safety standards, fire safety standards and environmental regulations).
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Motivating leadership ability that will inspire team success, accountability, transparency and open communication
- Knowledge and understanding of the Project Delivery lifecycle is mandatory
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload (projects vs. portfolio management), having a holistic view of the Property Development project pipeline
- Direct experience in contract negotiation and vendor relations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with highly sensitive materials and situations
- Proven technical skills in all relevant areas of development including planning, design, and construction;