Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the warehouses and planning’s over-all operations. Organizes activities and assigns tasks accordingly; manages stock control, the receipt, storage, retrieval and timely delivery to material to the internal and external customers; and keeps records of documentation into the SRP system. Establishes and achieves manufacturing inventory plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the daily activities of the production planning and warehouse group.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing Manager in the manufacturing planning and control process.
- Analyzes demand requirements to identify production and supply bottlenecks and recommends actions for resolution, including establishing and maintaining lead times, lot sizes and safety stocks.
- Directs production planning to ensure on time availability of products to fill customer orders and on time shipments.
- Coordinates with Purchasing and updates requirements for purchased good and materials.
- Evaluates and recommends actions to improve on time delivery performance to the internal and external customer.
- Plans warehouse resources and activities in keeping with ROV objectives and targets.
- Improves warehouse organization/layout to reduce cycle time to receive, pulls and ships or issues material.
- Ensures that workplace’s health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the proper storage and security of the warehouse building and material.
- Reviews and improves department processes to increase productivity to eliminate “waste”.
- Manages reconciliation of in transit accounts for outbound and inbound intra company shipments.
- Trains employees, directs work to the appropriate personnel, conducts performance reviews and addresses and resolves complaints in accordance with OII’s policies and applicable laws.
- Creates, implements, and tracks Production Planning and Control and Warehouse group activity, measurements, and KPI’s.
- This position has supervisory responsibilties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, or Supply Chain Management with emphasis in supply chain/business/quantitative analysis preferred. Master’s degreedesired.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experiencescheduling in a complex fabrication and assembly environment with meaningful scale supply chain management, manufacturing, or master planning-scheduling or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The individual must have experience in ERP or MRP systems.
- Direct experience with a Supply and Demand environment including forecasts, receipt and deliver processes, inventoryreports, accuracy validation procedures, cycle counts and audit procedures is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional Certification from APICS and/or ISM is desirable.
- Excellent negotiating, contract management, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office and PeopleSoft ERP System is a plus.
- Ability to work with cross-cultural organizations and groups.
- Strong demonstrated critical thinking and logic skills with proven track record of success in a complex production and assembly LEAN environment.
- Proven project leadership and team participation skills.