- Provide inventory planning function for both OPP and Tracks & Tires divisions, utilizing historical data, forward-looking forecasts, and input from various stakeholders.
- Support and manage supply chain optimization, working with sales, logistics and operations teams.
- Develop planning process to align and balance supply with demand to provide input for operational requirements for both short and long-term planning.
- Actively participate in the S&OP process by engaging with team in cross-functional process improvement.
- Design and implement methods to gather and manage supply chain data.
- Provide inventory management function to assess proper inventory levels, acting when events may create excess demand, and monitoring slower-moving inventory.
- Serve as liaison to factories, ensuring production schedules align with required shipping dates and that production does not shift unreasonably.
- Manage inventory balance between facilities in the distribution network and overflow storage to support sales forecast and meet service objectives.
- Advise leadership when demand changes place inventory levels or capacity capabilities at risk.
- Manages warehouse and customer item fulfillment preferences to align with network and service strategy.
- Provide purchasing function for business by issuing purchase orders based on need.
- Execute tasks related to different projects within the ordering process.
- Collaborate with third party vendors on potential contracts to provide cost effective and quality service using effective negotiating techniques.
- A Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or related field is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Logistics and/or Purchasing.
- Open on industry…some type of Distribution or Manufacturing would be ideal.
- Enterprise Resource Planning system improvement or implementation is ideal.
- Experience in using both “homegrown” planning systems as well as use of more sophisticated planning software.
- Inventory Turns, Days of Supply and Inbound Container Utilization.
Valid through: 11/18/2021