The Planning Design & Construction (PD&C) Neighborhoods Director resources, leads and administers the system-wide Planning, Design, and Construction Program for our neighborhood and ambulatory (urgent care) locations. They ensure that new construction, renovation, and remodeling projects are effective, efficient, safe, and in compliance with all regulatory agencies, policies, and procedures.They also coordinate selection and oversee construction project management with external architects, general contractors, and project leads.
The PD&C Neighborhoods Director reports to the Senior Director of PD&C and works closely with our clinical and administrative executives to oversee management of capital approved projects.This opportunity offers a tremendous opportunity to be a key part of Children’s next phase of growth, and provide outstanding physical space to our patients, their families, and our employees.
1. Leads, administers, and is accountable for systemwide delivery and performance of hospital planning, design, and construction, including:
2. Develops, cultivates, and maintains a customer service philosophy incorporating the mission, vision, and values of Children’s family-centered care.
3. Provides strategic leadership by evaluating current systems and developing and implementing standards and benchmarking for a comprehensive planning, design, and construction program.
4. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and capital projects for hospital capital construction program and ensures fiscal accountability and cost effective services with long-term operating costs in mind.
5. Is responsible for developing, negotiating, executing, administering, and archiving all contracts, contract documents, specifications, and legal agreements.
6. Ensures compliance with all OSHA and JCAHO and other regulatory and code requirements.
7. Incorporates lean principles in all new construction and/or renovation projects prior to the design phase.
8. Is responsible for third-party resources’ selection, management, and performance.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
Requisition #: 22981