IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are currently recruiting for top talent in the area of Peoplesoft – Planning and Coordination. If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
The PM for planning and coordination will provide support in a PeopleSoft Application Project Management environment. The PMr will work in conjunction with the functional team leads and resources to ensure proper planning and tracking of main deliverable across multiple streams.
Activities will include project planning, scheduling, scope management, change management, issues management, risk management, quality management, problem solving and conflict-resolution, and status reporting.
The PMr must have the following functional skills:
- A good understanding of payroll or ERP application support
- Previous team lead or PM experience
- Possess complex understanding of federal business practices and ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement/improve support processes
- Ensure adequate Batch Schedule coverage and adjust (if required).
- Deal with escalation from the client side or technical or functional team
- Coordinate between the technical and functional teams
- Approve maintenance releases and ensure successful implementation
- Provide status updates to the executives on critical payroll issues
- Ensure proper communication with the executives
- Provide RCA to the client
- Minimum 3-4 years work experience
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Management
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 3 years of experience in Payroll or ERP application support
At least 4 years of hands-on experience as a Team lead or PM
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
At least 4 years of experience in Payroll or ERP application support
At least 5 years of hands-on experience as a Team lead or PM
Must be eligible to work in Canada
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.