Planning and Allocation Manager - Electronics
5 - 7 years experience • Retail / Diversified
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Planning & Allocation Manager is aligned by Merchandising VP DMM and is primarily responsible for managing all Planning & Allocation across the Buyers product assortments. The Planning & Allocation Manager leads a team of Planners and Allocation Analysts who work to ensure the overall Member experience by overseeing that the right product flows to the right Clubs at the right time to maximize sales and minimize inventory investment. A key feature of this role includes being responsible for selected KPI performance to ensure assigned Merchandise Categories are at target. The position requires partnering with the VP Divisional Merchandise Manager to develop and execute inventory planning and allocation strategies.
- Develop and manage a team of Planners and Allocation Analysts
- Monitor KPI performance of Club instock, Sales Plan, Inventory Turn improvement, Monthly Inventory Plans, and Margin plan to ensure assigned Merchandise Categories are at target. The goals related to these KPI targets are shared with the buying team.
- Foster a strong customer service environment to improve efficiencies for the DC network and Clubs.
- Develop new and enhanced business processes using SAP & E3 to drive the efficiency of your team.
- Collaborate with vendor partners to create an efficient supply chain. Monitor vendor performance to improve reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5+ years relevant experience, managerial experience required
- Candidates for this role should possess the below qualifications:
- Proven leadership competencies that exemplify BJs core values.
- Adept at managing and developing a team
- Proficient in the fundamentals of Supply Chain management
- Exceptionally articulate in oral and written communications built on strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented, with excellent follow-through and problem solving skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Results driven and able to work in a fast paced environment