Acme Industries is a bustling manufacturing environment delivering quality low-volume, high-precision machining services to OEM's in the defense, aerospace, oil and gas, and transportation markets.
We are growing and this position will focus on ensuring that material is flowing through the shop in the most efficient and timely manner while utilizing our unqiue mix of machines and talent to their best ability to ensure that we are successful in meeting our customer delivery requirements. This key positions works closely with the both the Production and the Supply Chain teams and reports directly to our VP of Operations. The ideal candidate will have previous experience doing planning and scheduling in a similar, complex machine shop environment and an interest in machining processes and associated machines.
What's the most important thing to know about Acme? As a result of the size of our organization, you will be called upon to do things that you might not do in your current role. If you are looking to expand your capabilities, if you are bored in your current role, if you are restricted by the definition of the job you currently have, then Acme might be the place for you!
- Working with the Operations and Supply Chain teams to schedule our fleet of precision CNC machines.
- Optimize material flow through effective utilization of production capacity, supplier capabilities, and product lead time as well as through leveraging outside capacity as needed.
- Recognize constraints of meeting customer needs and plan accordingly to maximize customer service and meeting shipping goals. Insures that customer expectations and requirements are met; resolves conflicts concerning material internally as well as at vendor levels.
- Works closely between Production personnel and Value Stream personnel to ensure balance between customer satisfaction and production capabilities.
- Previous experience planning and scheduling in a complex CNC machining position preferred.
- Solid MS skills and strong capability in ERP planning/scheduling; Made2Manage experience a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Degree in business, operations management, or supply chain or equivalent combination of education and experience in planning/scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
Acme Industries is located at: 1325 Pratt Blvd, Elk Grove Village, IL. In addition to market-based pay, we also provide a competitive set of benefits that includes IMMEDIATE HEALTH BENEFITS.