We currently have an opening in our Los Angeles office for a Planner for our Transportation and Infrastructure division. Key responsibilities will include:
Lead the preparation of environmental technical reports and documents that comply with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), including mitigation monitoring and reporting programs/plans (MMRPs).
Responsibilities would include field work, field verification of requirements from MMRPs, interfacing with engineers, architects, planners, public agencies, constructioncontractors, and other environmental field personnel to support environmental compliance during construction.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Years: 7-10
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Degrees in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Geography, Urban Planning, Architecture, Transportation Planning or related fields are preferred.
• Licenses: AICP, LEED AP, LEED GA, and/or ENV SP preferred
• Software: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ArcGIS required. Proficiency in Adobe Suite strongly preferred.
• Agencies: N/A
• Key Attributes: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Multi-tasking abilities. Strong project management skills and experience. Time and task management with multiple projects and deadlines running concurrently.
• Other: Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) required. Specifically, preparation of NEPA/CEQA environmental technical reports and documents. Also must have experience preparing and deploying Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plans/Programs (MMRPs) for active construction projects.