- Maintain a working knowledge of forecasting methods and processes and learn any new system enhancements provide in the forecasting system and recommended improvements.
- Plan all purchased and manufactured parts utilizing the best ordering approach.
- Ensure accurate planning parameters are set in planning systems.
- Schedule Manufacturing orders and ensure customer requirements are met.
- Give work direction and prioritize schedules on the shop floor
- Communicate with Sales to align priorities to meet customer requirements.
- Keep Management proactively informed of manufacturing challenges and issues ( capacity, machine down time, and fluctuations in resources)
- Negotiate with internal cross functional teams on capacity utilization and sourcing.
- Utilize the MRP system to create the buying plan, regulate safety stocks, recommend expedites and de-expedites in order to meet demand while maintaining optimum inventory levels.
- Plan capacity of assigned area and sub-contract work if necessary.
- Plan and execute the flow of externally procured material from the supplier into the factory for assigned products ensuring inventory optimization and flow of material.
- Ensure planning information is communicated with suppliers in a timely manner. Phase out, delivery changes, etc.
- Proactively communicate supply shortages to appropriate personnel.
- Follow up with suppliers as necessary, to resolve delivery problems, cost changes, or quality issues.
- Work with suppliers on establishing Kanban agreements to reduce inventory and lead-time.
- Drive ongoing purchase price reductions through negotiations with existing supplier base and/or utilizing competitive quote process to secure alternate suppliers with lower cost without negatively impacting quality or delivery.
- Manage inventory to ensure cell objectives are met and in line with company objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement inventory reduction initiatives.
- Maintain, develop, and evaluate efficient material flow.
- Demonstrated report generation skills and ability to prepare presentations
- Identify and implement best business material planning strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives.
- Strive to maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Proactive management of inventory for the avoidance of excess or obsolete on-hand inventory balances.
- Define, drive, and implement process improvements and systems improvements for materials' activities. Provide timely, accurate results to streamline and improve processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Section III: POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum 5 years planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ERP Windows-based system experience.
- Advanced PC skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and statistical skills are required.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of machine types and capabilities.