We are looking for PL / SQL DEVELOPER for our client in ?Columbia, SC
Job Title: PL / SQL Developer
Job Location: ?Columbia, SC
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the State of South Carolina. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State?s aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The MMIS ORACLE PL/SQL developer is responsible for scoping, designing, developing, and maintaining Oracle 12c database objects including package and package bodies, triggers. The candidate will work in a dynamic environment with strong personalities and will need to be just as assertive. Work on this project includes working with a data model that is still changing and will need to work with the data modeler to identify and fill gaps.
- Work with a development team any needed interface routines.
- Supportdatabase operations and work closely with application and infrastructure group for MMIS Replacement initiatives.
- Contribute to service design for a service oriented architecture (SOA)-based system
- Work withsecurity services databasesecurity.
- Database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities
- Database design, index creation, database optimization, and performance tuning
- Design and implement new data models, tables, and schemas to support new functionality as the business demands, and enforce data integrity
- Support the database application programming activities of the development group
- Work withdevelopers to move test code into production
- Knowledge and experience with database maintenance
- Experience with OLTP, ODS, and Warehousing systems
- Experience with deployment automation of Data configurations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to production of high quality documentation
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Self-starter personality requiring minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge of data translation from OLTP to ODS systems.
- Knowledge of aggregate data stores and data modeling.
- Knowledge of data layer abstraction
- PL/SQL: Triggers, Packages, Procedures, Functions, anonymous blocks, etc.
- IDE?s; SQL Plus, TOAD, SQL Developer
- Basic database design, database optimization, and performance tuning.
- Linux (RedHat/Ubuntu)
- Experience with software development life-cycles (SDLC).
- Written and oral communication skills
- Basic database management and administration
- Query optimization
- ORACLE/Postgres databasearchitecture
- Conviction of principles
- Communication and feedback
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Data modeling
- Postgres and/or MongoDB certification
- Experience in the design and data layer implementation of service-oriented architectures.
- JCL coding