The Digital Credential Services Engineer is responsible for the development and management of technologies for the Digital Credential Services (DCS) area. The DCS Engineer is a hands-on infrastructure, application and service support role and the candidate will work directly on the service technologies including Public Key Infrastructure, software applications and related technologies. The DCS Engineer will work with the Service Manager and Operations Delivery Lead on enhancements, continuous improvements, and guide the work activities of other technical resources. The responsibilities include requirements gathering and definition, technical design and specification, development, testing, implementation support and break / fix of the DCS technical services. The DCS Engineer will develop new solutions and maintain the existing technology to engineer world class global Digital Credential Services.
This position is responsible for the end-to-end technical hands-on management of DCS solutions encompassing Multi-factor authentication and high-assurance credential management processes. The processes and services provided are audited regularly and are required to meet all corporate security policies. This is an operations role with 24x7 global service support responsibilities along with continual monitoring of the service for quality levels, and response to outages or performance issues with a sense of urgency. Keeping services and technologies up and running optimally is core to this role.
- Manage Public Key Infrastructure related services including MSCA multi node PKI and numerous certificate related services.
- Develop and deploy solutions to ensure that Digital Credential Services are performing according to specifications, meet defined procedures, and comply with applicable information security policies and requirements.
- Integrate applications and third-party products into internal services and support and upgrade implemented systems.
- Partner with internal teams to define and implement solutions that improve Pfizer processes and end user experiences.
- Collaborate with the Service Manager, Operations Delivery Lead, and customers to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain service patterns used for application integration.
- Manage technical work activities of contingentworker resources to support enhancements and continuous improvements to services.
- Support 24x7 oversight of Business As Usual (BAU) operations.
- Manage Incident and Problem Management activities based on Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Master's degreepreferred
- 8+ years of infrastructure support and management in an Enterprise environment.
- Deep technical understanding in the following areas: Public Key Infrastructure (Certificate Authority, Registration Authority, Remote Key Management), Digital Signatures (Internally and Externally provisioned certificates), Multi-factor Authentication Services.
- 5+ years of technical experience leading the work of system administrators, operations support teams, architects or software developers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical material to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing medium to large scale, global IT deployments of enterprise Identity and Access Management solutions
- 2+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or other regulated industry preferred
- Advanced security certifications a plus
- Software design and development in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python or C++ a plus.