As part of the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group, you will design and implement mechanistic PK/PD and quantitative systems pharmacology models in support of GNF’s pre-clinical portfolio. You will represent the PK/PD modeling and DMPK discipline on multi-disciplinary teams and integrate PK/PD and DMPK considerations into team strategy.
Your responsibilities include:
• Develop and apply quantitative models of complex systems such as tissue and cell dynamics and intracellular signaling, distribution and elimination kinetics in target cells, in silico modeling of compound cellular kinetics.
• Develop and implement quantitative mechanism-based PK/PD models which impact decisions regarding therapeutic modality selection, chemical optimization, translational strategies and early clinical trial design.
• Design and oversee experiments to define PK/PD relationships and competency using non-compartmental and compartmental techniques as well as pharmacokinetic modeling software.
• Represent the DMPK discipline on global cross-functional project teams while driving the design, execution, and analysis of DMPK and PK/PD. Design strategies and coordinate DMPK and PK/PD studies for preclinical projects in a variety of disease areas including oncology, immune-oncology, metabolic diseases and regenerative medicine.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders in pre-clinical development in support of the overall translational research strategy for projects. Enhance capabilities of group by implementing novel modeling approaches and technologies.
An opportunity to have a big impact on GNF science and potentially the lives of patients in the future. Continual opportunities to learn and try new things. Opportunities to seek publishing and patenting of your work. You’ll also receive competitive salary, annual bonus, health insurance, 20 days annual leave, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, and participate in an employee recognition scheme. Find out more about The Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation: https://www.gnf.nibr.com/
Why consider Novartis?
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements What you bring to the role:
• Knowledge and experience with the design of experiments to define PK/PD relationships and competency using semi-mechanistic and turnover models, non-compartmental and compartmental techniques and familiarity with pharmacokinetic modeling software (e.g. Adapt, Phoenix Winnonlin, Gastroplus or equivalent).
• Experience serving as DMPK and PK/PD representative on preclinical project teams; supporting drug discovery and preclinical development of small molecules, biotherapeutics and novel modalities.
• Expertise in utilizing DMPK resources across organizations to drive drug discovery efforts; collaboration with internal and external scientists to ensure aligned position on human PK/PD projections as drug candidates transition into the clinic.
• Innovative, driven, highly organized self-starter with the ability to handle multiple activities and interacting with collaborators in a multi-disciplinary, high-pace research environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate constructive, expedient problem solving.
• Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience including preclinical PK/PD modeling, DMPK, drug development, protocol/IB preparation support.
• Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, DMPK or related disciplines with thorough knowledge of PK/PD modeling and DMPK.
Job ID 245698BR