Burns & McDonnell has an opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Group for a Pipeline Project Manager, located in Kansas City, Missouri. We are looking for the right candidate to join our rapidly growing team for an exciting and rewarding career with one of best places to work in the US.
- The Project Manager will direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to pipelines for natural gas utilities.
- Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include: Develop business and relationships with clients. Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Serve as project point of contact with Owner regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, and budgeting.
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs.
- Assist with internal project financials (detailed, accurate project cost forecast and accruals), staffing, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and human resource issues.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment.
- Manage all aspects of project communication.
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of seven years of pipeline project experience with at least 3 years related project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- This position requires a proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel.