The Pipeline Specialist's responsibilities include technical support, training, project development and execution, O&M and Capital budget support and management, as well as support of corporate initiatives/projects. Incumbent should live in Flagstaff, or Phoenix, AZ; or Albuquerque, Bloomfield or Roswell, NM.
- The Pipeline Specialist works with Regional locations to provide technical support for pipeline facilities/activities within the Region that include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing training, direction and technical assistance to field operating personnel on the class location process and the Class Works Program, facilitate the Class Works verification/review process, submit class change projects to Division engineering for future budgeting and completion.
- Assume lead role in addressing proposed encroachment activities by outside parties including landowner actions, road and highway projects, municipal and utility projects, developer and residential projects, etc.
- Pipeline Shut-out, Start-up and PSSR Procedure training, facilitation, review and approval
- Skill Qualification and Operator Qualification training and skill evaluations and re-verifications of field operating personnel related to pipeline operations and maintenance.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects including design, procurement, contracts, construction/implementation, documentation, cost tracking and forecasting.
- Provide a leadership role in the company's response to pipeline emergencies and failures.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis of assigned abnormal operations, near misses, failures and incidents.
- Work closely with Corrosion Techs/Specialists to insure accuracy of CP survey data collection and proper analysis of data to insure pipeline coating, rectifier and groundbed systems are providing corrosion protection for the pipeline.
- The Pipeline Specialist reports to the Director of Operations.
- Education with specialized course work or training in physical sciences, mathematics, mechanical technology, and personnel management.
- Qualified candidates should possess an Associate or Bachelor's degree in an engineering related field plus with a minimum of seven years of experience or a total of ten to twelve years' experience for a non-degreed professional in pipeline related operations.
- Incumbent expected to have effective written & verbal communication skills:as well as interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment necessary to maintain a good rapport with internal and external customers.
- Incumbent must be a self-starter, have good organizational skills and be able to accept constantly changing priorities with minimum supervision.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Previous experience in conducting group training sessions is a plus.
- Should be a good communicator and work planner with excellent work ethics,
- Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Incumbent is subject to extended work-days and/or work-weeks.
- Required to carry a cell phone and is subject to 24-hr/day callout at any time for emergency response.
- Subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather conditions and temperatures, heights, high-pressure gas, and cramped conditions.
- Position requires approximately 75% travel within area of responsibility.
- Incumbent must have a proven safe driving record.
- Required to take & pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to a background check. (New hire only)
- Required to adhere and is subject to all U. S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol related regulations