Responsible for the overall management of Black Hills Energy's (BHE) Pipeline Safety Assurance Program including program expansion and continuous improvement. Updating the program toincorporate PHMSA, State Regulatory, company, and/or industry changes and requirements. Managing and leading updates to the Pipeline Safety Assurance program. Scheduling and conducting internal Operations and Maintenance audits of BHE field operations. Administrating internal audits of BHE Pipeline Safety Programs. Preparing audit reports, tracking audit responses, identifying trends and implementing utility-wide measures to mitigate threats to Pipeline Safety. Performing audits with PHMSA and other governing bodies.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
SALARY RANGE: $78,000 - $102,000 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Pipeline Safety and Compliance Support
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify and establish plan to execute program maturation and lead efforts to implement maturity plan.
- Provide support and service to natural gas operations in the company's multiple state natural gas business.
- Provide support of the Gas Operations and Maintenance manual and other technical documentation.
- Maintains a successful partnership with Gas Operations
- Work with Operations and Compliance staff to monitor, analyze and develop strategies for mitigation of risks.
- Monitor adherence to Operations, Maintenance, and Integrity plans.
- Be familiar with 49 CFR 191, 192 and 193, API RP 1162 and 1173, and other industry best practices/standards.
- Oversee and administer internal audits and assessments of operations within the company.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise in regulatory matters relating to PHMSA and state regulatory compliance.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures is maintained.
- Participates as a subject matter expert for external audit preparation and data gathering in order to demonstrate compliance.
- Advise on the development and optimization of new policies and procedures to improve Pipeline Safety throughout the natural gas utility.
- Assist with external audits as required.
- Assist and support the other pipeline safety and compliance activities within the department.
- Participate in corporate standards committee meetings as required.
- Support safety, diversity, and social responsibility goals of the department, business unit, and corporation.
- Assist in the creation of department budgets and financial tracking activities.
- Participation in appropriate industry groups (AGA, MEA, SGA, etc.)
- Participates in community relations based activity, where desired and where interest exists.
- Perform work in a team environment and provide direct support to all Black Hills Corporation gas utilities and their respective operational groups.
- Establish professional relationships and work effectively with other departments, utilities, vendors, consultants and government agencies.
- Seven years of industry related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Engineering degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical and operational expertise.
- Proficient in word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of DOT, PHMSA, AMSE, API and all codes associated with pipeline safety and natural gas operations.
- Solid understanding of natural gas transmission and distribution systems.
- Understanding of PHMSA regulations.
- Demonstrate good technical, financial and operations knowledge.
- Demonstrate strategic and operational planning.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effective presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to lead and participate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage projects of varying scale simultaneously.
- Ability to thoroughly document analytical work.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Position involves extensive travel across service territory.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).