Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks a Pipeline Research Engineer for the WBA Development & Production department. Responsible for expanding, optimizing and redesigning our data and data collection/reporting systems. Lead the creation of reporting tools/processes, optimizing project planning/scenarios and building interactive dashboards for all productions and production management leads.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements for our data systems and workflows to improve productivity and communication.
- Build infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Build analytics tools that utilize data pipeline to provide actionable insights into production planning/scenarios.
- Work closely with senior production management on all data analytics initiatives including creation of: Custom dashboards using Tableau or similar analytics platform, Automated reporting tools, Resource planning tools, Real time analysis for project schedules.
- Create data analytics tools and presentations that provide insights and data flow to various departments to help with studio-wide planning and finding efficiencies across all projects.
- Interpret and clean raw data from our databases.
- Create technical documentation and training plans that allow stakeholders to utilize and better understand the tools/dashboards.
- Work with pipeline team to help design and maintain software and scripts to assist in a wide variety of automation and efficiency tasks.
- Assist production and pipeline team in solving technical issues and blockers.
- Technical expertise regarding database design development and data mining techniques.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- BS degree Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics and Information Systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience with reporting packages.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Strong Python experience required.
- Knowledge of object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java, C++, etc. a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of animation production workflows and pipelines.
- Experience with Shotgun, the Shotgun API, and SmartSheet.
- Knowledge of Shotgun Toolkit a plus.
- Experience working/integrating with artist DCCs like Photoshop, Maya, AfterEffects, etc.
- Comfortable with Git and CI.