Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides KC-135 Pilot procedures instruction in aircraft, classroom, and simulator or other platform environments.
- Provides training for Visual Threat Recognition Avoidance Training (VTRAT).
- Provides Crew Resource Management (CRM) training.
- Assists as a Subject Matter Expert in the development of curriculum for new type courses as required.
- Acts as a Lesson Subject Matter Expert to review existing lessons and/or changes to existing lessons.
- Provides suggestions to improve and update training policies and procedures.
- Promotes a positive attitude towards learning and embracing new technologies and tasks.
- Conducts ground training for other crewmembers to include diagnosis and remediation of student issues.
- Assists in project and development work as assigned.
- Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs and equipment.
- Must be physically able to enter simulator, experience simulator motion and take cognizance of attendees’ safety when on board the simulator.
- Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in simulator and classrooms for up to six hours each day.
- Must maintain proficiency in operation of essential KC-135 Aircrew Training Devices.
- Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the customer attendees.
- Must acquire and maintain instrument, take-off, landing, and emergency procedure proficiency.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Eight years total flying experience, five years military experience, with at least two years KC-135 Pilot flight instructor and training management experience. Must have recent experience as a KC-135 InstructorPilot or Evaluator Pilot.
- Completion of a formal USAF Instructor training course.
- Strong facilitation, and data analysis skills required
- Ability to participate in periodic aircraft familiarization flights.
- Must acquire and maintain proficiency in emergency procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance