Role: PICK/Universe Programmer
Location: Norwell, MA
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Working knowledge of PICK/Universe programming and 4GL Tools.
· Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and other PC applications.
· 3 to 5+ years of experience in a programming and development environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret business requirements, system documentation, and technical procedures.
· Experience in revising and updating programs/systems
· Experience with producing program and system documentation for systems created.
· Working well with others and in a team environment
Familiarity with the Following is a Plus:
· Familiarity with system administration of Universe
· Proven organizational skills
· Understanding of retail business and related IT, ERP, and ecommerce systems and subsystems.
· Designed systems, modules, and/or approaches, and required enhancements.
· Developed block diagrams and logic flowcharts.
· Knowledge of Web Services
· Familiarity with U2 Windows client tools or UniObjects
· Follow established development life cycle to develop, test, and modify system software, utilities, and other application software
· Evaluate system application needs based on user requests
· Communicate with the requestor, as necessary, to clarify user requests
· Recommend system solutions.
· Coding, reviewing, preparing test data, testing, and debugging
· Produce program and system documentation for systems created within the department.
· Utilize proven design and project management methodologies
· Acquire/enhance technology expertise by remaining current with evolving systems programming, analysis, and databasetechnology.
· Make recommendations about the business and operating environment of the company.
· Develop, foster, and maintain an open, professional relationship between IT and other departments to enhance client satisfaction.
· Secure relevant information, integrating data from different sources and identifying possible causes of problems.
· Develop alternative courses of action and making decisions based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information.
· Generate and/or recognizing creative solutions and innovations in work related situations to mitigate risks to project success.
· Encourage and facilitate the transfer of information, experience, and technology both within and across project and departmental boundaries.
· Assist in troubleshooting and/or building upgraded/integrated solutions between departmental systems.