The Tactical Intelligence Systems Group of the Asymmetric Operations Sector is looking for a Physicist, Geophysicist, orElectrical Engineer to develop inventive, cutting-edge prototype solutions to challenges in sensor development,RF communications, data analysis, and deep learning of multiple sensing domains. This may involve:
- Participating in design and execution of field tests for data collection and sensor system demonstration. Processing and quantitatively analyzing data from multiple sensor modalities.
- Collaborating with Laboratory, for-profit contractors, and sponsor teams to address critical sponsor needs
- Surveying current academic and industry research for state-of-the-art capabilities in new sensor phenomenology and generating innovative ideas to benefit the country
- Feature extraction and identification over large data sets to feed automated algorithm development
- Effectively communicating results with non-expert audiences
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to benefit the country as part of a diverse and engaging team.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Apply knowledge in electromagnetic theory, quantitative analysis, and signal processing to sensor solutions for challenges facing our sponsors. (30%)
- Work independently and on teams to engineer hardware and software solutions. (40%)
- Explore promising research and maintain/gain the technical edge required for projects. Share and develop new approaches and methods. (20%)
- Collaborate to document and support hardware design and software analytics, and clearly present status and results to internal and external stakeholders. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
B.S. degree in Physics, Geophysics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field with 2+ years of relevant experience. Understanding of and interest in applying electromagnetic wave theory to real world challenges. Basic knowledge of signal processing approaches. Programming experience. US citizenship, and ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Desired Qualifications: M.S./Ph.D.degree in Physics, Geophysics,Electrical Engineering, or a related field and 5+years of relevantexperience. Understanding of commondigital signal processing methods and approaches used to organize and analyze large data sets. Expertise with programminglanguages such as MATLAB, Lab VIEW, and C/C++. Experience withdesign and optimization of embedded Linux systems. Experience with PCBdesign software such as Altium, Cadence/Allegro/OrCAD, or NI Multisim/Ultiboard. Experience with team-based development and testing of hardware/software products and demonstrated ability to lead development/research projects. Active or currentDepartment of Defensesecurityclearance.
Special Working Conditions: Some limited travel (up to 10%) to customer sites and field tests may be required. Occasional weekend and other after-hours work required to handle and/or complete critical project/work-related business needs.