Penn State Health St. Joseph is a non-profit network consisting of St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Downtown Reading Campus, St. Joseph Medical Group and St. Joseph Provider Hospital Organization (PHO). Founded in 1873 by the Sisters of St. Francis, the network provides a full-range of outpatient and inpatient diagnostic, medical and surgical services. The 380,000 sq. ft., 212-bed state-of-the-art hospital and health campus opened in late 2006 on 40 acres in Bern Township. In 2015, St. Joseph Regional Health Network was the first member to transition into Penn State Health, a newly-created non-profit entity of Penn State University.
– Medical Degree from an accredited medical school is required.
– Must have successfully completed a residency program.
– Must be board certified/board eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
– Currently possess/be able to obtain a non-restricted license in this state.
– Must possess current, valid federal and state narcotics certificate.
– Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.