Delivers primary health care and patient care management in a residential setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take history, examines, determines diagnoses, and treats scheduled patients.
- Provides written documentation of patient's visit, per NCQA standards.
- Takes patient vital signs, as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to obtain.
- Performs phlebotomy (venipuncture only), as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to complete draw. Performs injections and/or immunizations. May perform ECG, Holter and/or Pulse Oximetry occasionally.
- Instructs patients/caregivers on proper medication and treatment regimens.
- Performs minor surgeries, as necessary, limited to I&D, removal of foreign body, suture removal, minor lacerations, minor aspirations.
- Works with Patient Care Coordinator to assure orders and referrals are properly/timely placed.
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers and vendors as necessary to assure proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Performs all clinical duties with observing OSHA Universal Precautions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Attends required meetings and in-services and participates in committees, as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licenses and affiliations.
- Performs related work as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Geriatrics or complex patients preferred
- Active/unrestricted medical license and DEA
- EMR experience