Overview of Position: Medical Doctors (M.D) and Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O) (“physicians”) provide and manage direct medical care for a specified patient population at DaVita Medical Group. MD’s and DO’s provide all aspects of care to include evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of DaVita Medical Group patients consistent with their license, privileges and experience. Physician provides patient care by working collaboratively with other health care professionals in interviewing, examining and treating patients; provides materials and resources to patients and families. Physicians work to understand and improve the clinical and patient flow processes in the clinics and participate in review and improvement of the financial success of the clinic/department. Maintain proper patient files and records as mandated by federal and state laws and Group policies. Essential Functions:
- Diagnose illnesses, examine patients, order, perform, interpret diagnostic tests and obtain medical histories.
- Manage populations of patients, focusing on prevention, wellness, and a holistic approach to patients, including diet, exercise, habits.
- Prescribe and administer treatment for people suffering from injury or disease.
- Manages the patient care process, by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented.
- Manage the physician/patient relationship.
- Consults with and advises other providers regarding optimal and cost-effective treatment of patients.
- The ability to make decisions in emergencies.
- Manages the patient care process by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented on all patients within the time frame of the established policy.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, in-service, and workshops.
- Represents the views, needs concerns, and policy proposals of the Medical Group to the Physician leadership
Required licensure: Fully licensed as a physician in the state of New Mexico.
- Board Certified in Specialty or in the process of obtaining certification unless granted an exemption by Credentialing Committee and/or Board of Governors
- New Mexico Pharmacy/DEA Registration if applicable to practice
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS certification as outlined below.