Job Details: - Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathy (MD/DO)
- DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) Registry
- NYS Physician License
We currently have an opportunity for a Palliative Care Specialist who will provide medical and clinical services as well as comprehensive palliative care services to a diverse primarily elderly population. The successful candidate. The successful candidate will develop strategies for program development across the continuum of care. Education of clinical staff will be an important part of the position.
- · Provides physician care in Geriatric & Palliative Care
- · Provides specialist consultations to patient & families with a focus on the biopsychosocial model
- · Consults with the attending physician and the interdisciplinary team to establish a written plan of care, and communicate effectively with referring physicians and interdisciplinary staff.
- · Provides precise documentation of patient care to support professional billing.
- · Assists Medical Director in establishing Geriatric & Palliative Care as a recognized service within the South Nassau Communities Hospital community and relevant community resources.
- · Utilizes Center for Advocacy of Palliative Care tools to demonstrate clinical and financial impact of the program
- · Participates in quality assurance and peer review programs; and assures compliance with and implementation of any resulting recommendations.
- · Participate in on-call coverage with the clinical members of the Geriatric & Palliative Care Team.
- · Co-chairs monthly interdisciplinary steering committee meetings to review program activity and identify issues or needs that facilitate program excellence.
- · Adheres to the practice of confidentiality and HIPAA regulations regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- · Identifies opportunities for and participate in grant funding and clinical research.
- · Doctor of Medicine
- · Board Certified or eligible in Hospice/Palliative Medicine
- · 2 years' experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- · Current state medical license and in good standing with medical board.
- · DEA License
- · Board Certification of eligibility in geriatric medicine desirable
Req. Num.: 170634