The Physician Relations Manager is responsible for establishing, building and maintaining strategic relationships between physicians and hospital administration and developing, recommending and implementing strategic physician marketing plans. Act as an Ambassador for Administration, involving physicians in hospital processes and initiatives. Manages Physician Relations Representatives as assigned. Communicate well with appropriate FH departments, campuses and outlying hospitals where applicable. Responsible for promoting and marketing FH programs and services to physicians and their office staff. Identifies and resolves issues, in a timely manner, that may/are impacting our Medical Staff. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Creates an innovative environment for growth and an atmosphere with appropriate communication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Works with strategically identified physicians to facilitate introductions to physicians and/or hospital programs and services with a focus on building FH’s business. Successful in securing face-to-face meetings with physicians or key decision-makers in practices.
- Responds quickly to issues identified by physicians, skillful in communicating to the appropriate Administrator(s), helping with issue resolution and responding back to the physician in timely manner, creating an environment that enables reps to maximize their time effectively and efficiently.
- To increase business volume, manages scope of physician activities, coordinates efforts, facilitates communication, monitors timeframes, communications to administrator regarding recruitment, new physician start-up, medical staff, Physician Relations, Marketing, physician retention, and physician growth. Works in conjunction with recruiters to develop and/or implement physician recruitment, ramp-up and retention plans. Interface with service line, finance and marketing team members.
- Effective in identifying business opportunities and working with Administrators and physicians in the implementation of new programs and services. Maintains and grows business for FH from physicians as indicated in volume reports. Assists Administrator with physician master planning.
- Is persistent in overcoming objections, while identifying and following through with opportunities. Assist with the development, distribution and communication of key information as directed by hospital administration. Effectively articulates issues facing FH, which can impact marketability and have the ability to suggest potential solutions.
- Remains knowledgeable of current trends in the Healthcare market and the physician arena. Tracks key visits, blitzes, opportunities and issues in SalesForce weekly and syncs data weekly. Completes event reports, including ROI for each event and provides to Physician Relations administration quarterly.
- Stays within allocated budget, appropriately manages and reports timely in budget spreadsheet.
Manages Physician Representatives as assigned, including field rides, budget reviews, training, and campus specific initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking (platform skills)
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships and loyalty to the hospital as well as develop new referral sources
- Demonstrate initiative, poise, confidence and willingness to accept challenges.
- Ability to travel between hospital and physician offices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position
- Must possess good time management skills and be customer and results-oriented.
- Familiarity with hospital operations, language and roles.
- Ability to verbally articulate service line and product attributes
- Ability to actively listen to physician and practice needs for hospital inpatient/outpatient services.
- Ability to conceptualize and generate sales within a fluid environment, with particular skill in identifying and setting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with physicians, employees, allied health providers and healthcare leadership.
- Ability to represent AH to customers and the public.
- Demonstrated writing ability.
- Knowledge of the hospital sales industry.
- Self-directed with an ability to oversee multiple projects/activities simultaneously.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 6 years healthcare sales experience, preferably in hospital sales
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Valid Florida driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance to include liability and property damage coverage