The Physician Recruiter, sources, screens, recruits, and interviews internal and external providers (physicians and advanced practice clinicians) to fill current or expected job vacancies. Takes a proactive role in filling job vacancies and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency in work matters. Consults with management to identify and recommend the most qualified candidates. Maintains an effective working relationship with internal staff and external agencies. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
Five (5) years of Human Resources experience; Two (2) years of Recruitment experience.
Previous experience in Physician Recruitment.
- Proven successful skills in a proactive approach to Recruiting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively dealing with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of the diversity of sourcing techniques.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Experience of using applicant tracking systems.
- Ability to travel on recruiting assignments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Recruits, interviews and refers qualified applicants (external and internal) for posted positions.
- Counsels regarding employment procedures, processes and activities.
- Compiles and reports confidential and statistical data.
- Understands, applies, supports and facilitates system and department policies, procedures and standards and also provides input to budgetary needs.
- Manages special hiring projects when necessary.
- Coordinates travel for potential hires and creates interview itinerary for site visits.
- Extends employment offers and arranges onboarding with hiring leaders.
- Works directly with locums and contingency search firms in order to efficiently fill vacancies.
- Takes part in panel interviews for providers and assists in the selection process.
- Utilizes SAP and other databases for research, applicant tracking and new hire processing.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.