Physician Recruiter is responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation for the recruitment and hiring of physicians. He/she advises and collaborates with senior management with regard to physician recruitment, budgetary compliance, recruitment strategies and contract negotiations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, implements and coordinates all aspects of physician sourcing and recruitment for the Company, including: strategy development, assessing the organization's physician needs and establishing physician sourcing and recruitment processes.
- Responsible for physician contract negotiation including compensation and term negotiation.
- Partners with other departments including Risk Management, Managed Care, Human Resources, Accounting and Regional Operations to ensure a seamless transaction for new physician hires.
- Maintains confidentiality for all recruitment and human resource matters.
- Utilizes a variety of recruitment methods including networking, cold calling, professional associations, conferences, referral programs, social media, recruitment companies and online search tools to source and recruit.
- Oversees and recruits for locum/ covering physicians. Ensures appropriate resources are in place on a national level in the event temporary coverage is needed.
- Conduct salary surveys nationally as needed to ensure that compensation packages are competitive.
- Responsible for travel to various conferences including ASTRO and ACRO and serve as representative of 21st Century Oncology for physician networking purposes.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with diverse groups with strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- Presentation and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Superior knowledge of healthcare industry and recruitment trends required.
- Ability to travel nationally as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Health Care Administration or business related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of recruitment, physician/advanced practitioner or executive recruitment experience.
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with individuals on all levels within the organization.
- Strong presentation skills as well as a professional demeanor are necessary.