PeaceHealth’s commitment to Behavioral Health is reflected in our state-of-the-art inpatient psychiatric unit, nationally respected research, and community advocacy and leadership. Oregon has been selected as one of 8 states to participate in CMS’ demonstration project, Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) with the goal to transform how mental health services are provided and PeaceHealth is participating as a CCBHC. This provides PeaceHealth with the opportunity to build on our industry leading coordinated care strategies which include community based resources and the integration of services with primary care. We are currently transitioning into full coordination in the medical home model utilizing team based care models for the populations we serve. In addition we provide telepsychiatry services within our network and to rural communities.
As a result of our progressive programs, our work with first episode schizophrenia coordination and medication has garnered national attention. We are a National Institute of Mental Health participant in this multi-site national study. Our patient-centered approach has a primary goal of helping people recover and promoting a safe and inspired life to the community.
- Flexibility with variety and interesting/challenging group of patients
- Adult psychiatry (inpatient and outpatient)
- Some administratrive responsibility
- Opportunities to mentor/teach rotating medical students through the Oregon Health and Science University
- Compensation up to MGMA 75% which also includes sign-on bonus & relocation
- Up to $100,000 in loan forgiveness for those who qualify
- ECT Services available
Eugene is a city located at the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers, about 50 miles east of the Oregon Coast. The city’s official slogan is “A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors.” Love an affluent community surrounded by scenic beauty? The Emerald City is the place for you.
Here’s why you should experience Eugene, Oregon:
- Eugene is a place for the outdoor enthusiast. With everything from hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencer’s Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features all kinds of entertainment including jazz, opera, ballet, the Eugene symphony and choir. In addition, the center also features a permanent art collection
- Go shopping at the 5th street market. Spend an afternoon visiting the shops and enjoy a multitude of international cuisine while local musicians provide live entertainment at the market
- Sports fanatic? Eugene is home to the University of Oregon (Mighty Ducks) where you can catch professional, Olympic and collegiate sporting events
- Home to very strong and diverse school districts
Req ID: 146444