Physician, Primary Care, UCM Care Network
This position is located in Streeterville.
The University of Chicago Medicine Care Network Medical Group, a growing, new medical group and part of the University of Chicago Medicine, is seeking a board certified/board eligible internal medicine physician for a women’s health primary care practice in a high traffic, retaillocation in downtown Chicago.
This position offers competitive compensation and benefits that supports your total health – personal, financial, physical and professional.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, other health care professionals, and support staff, as required
- Follows established UCM Care Network departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Internal Medicine physician with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience. Preferredexperience in bone health and osteoporosis, bone densitometry and menopause
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise, advice, and train clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops
- Federal DEA Certification; Licensed or eligible MD/DO Licensure; Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
- NAMS (North American Menopause Society) certification desired/preferred
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID 2018-11545.