Less than 5 years
Posted 151 days ago
Full Job Description (for ETA 9089): Provide physical medicine and rehabilitation services. Manage, diagnose, and treat a wide variety of medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. Perform injections as needed as part of the treatment or prevention plan. Examine patients to determine appropriate physiotherapy, including the type and extent of therapy to treat physical, mental, and occupational needs. Determine and lead a treatment or prevention plan, and manage patients’ medical issues as they participate through the rehabilitation process. Assess the patient and assure that the patient is medically stable to participate in therapies, focusing on pain management, neurogenic bowel and bladder, autonomic dysreflexia, dysphagia, gait and movement ataxia, spasticity management, and disease education. Manage additional co-morbid conditions including hypertension, diabetes, CAD, COPD, etc. in order to prevent further medical complications.
1. Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree or foreign equivalent;
2. Completion of a three (3) year residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation;
3. Board certified or board eligible in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation;
4. Current and valid Physician License from the State of Indiana; and
5. Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.