rovide the full scope of primary care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients. Conducts patient examination, prescribes medications, and provides consultation and medical and/or surgical treatment to correct and/or treat various conditions, illnesses and injuries. All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Baptist Easley's values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork.
- · Education: Doctorate degree in medicine from an accredited medical school, either MD or DO.
- · Experience: Completion of Residency. Depending on site, setting or specialty, some years of experience may be required.
- · Number and Type of Employees Supervised: Health-care workers, such as physician assistants, nurses, and technicians.
- · Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Board Certified or Board Eligible in area of specialty, licensed to practice in the state of South Carolina.
- · Special Training: Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in the treatment of patients. Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette required.
- · Render Care to Patients of All Age Groups
- · Depending on setting and specialty, provides surgical and/or non-surgical work-up, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- · Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to patients and families.
- · Provides appropriate consultations, referrals and follow-up care based on patients' needs.
- · Exercises sound medical judgment in all issues of health care.
- · Orders studies, tests and ancillary services.
- · Utilizes electronic medical records including CPOE.
- · Consults with Medical Director, other physicians or mid-level providers as needed regarding patient care, assessment and education issues.
- · Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education and other patient care programs established by hospital or clinical requirements.
- · Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- · Upholds the standards of professionalism and remains dedicated to clinical excellence. Respects diversity and embodies the Baptist Easley Vision and Values.