- Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Shares health care duties of patients with other physicians to ensure the availability of a physician at all times.
- Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
- Orders studies, test and ancillary services
- Documents all services in patient medical record
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
- Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and otherpatient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
- Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
- Participates in teaching sessions for other hospital and medical staff, residents and/or medical students as assigned.
- Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and licensed to practice in state of Illinois
- Current DEA and all otherrequired licenses as related to specialty
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- Patients, visitors, staff
· Potential exposure to airborne diseases The same as for any individual working in a hospital environment that is dependent on a ceiling ventilation system for in flow and out flow of air. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification and the specific functions of the individual occupying the position of.