Palliative Care: BATON ROUGE
Candidates must be board certified or board eligible through ABIM/HPM or HMD through AAHPM.
- Provide an extra layer of support to patients with serious illness
- Consults: in-patient and out-patient.
- Provide medical care related to symptom management.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team to develop a written plan of care.
- Develop and facilitates goals of care conversations for patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Actively participates in process improvement related to system and department goals.
- Participate in specialty team meetings.
- Serve as collaborating physician to advanced practice providers
- Staff inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic with advance practice providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- EPIC electronic health record system wide.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Benefits include an equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid malpractice coverage and a favorable malpractice environment in Louisiana
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Generous retirement benefits (401k, 403b, deferred compensation plans)
- CME allowance.